Here are some important points to consider when hiring a New Jersey DJ for your important upcoming event. Use this as your New Jersey DJ Checklist.
Before you check off your reception musicians on your long list of to-dos, confirm everything with your DJ. Be sure your letter of agreement includes:
– Exact date of event, arrival time, and location with address.
– Equipment that you are expected to supply and equipment they are expected to supply — such as chairs, tables, etc.
– The names of the particular DJ(s) who will play at your event.
– Attire guidelines: If you have any special requirements for what the performers wear, be sure to note them.
– A list of what will be played when. Also talk to them about some B-list songs to play should they need to fill time.
– If you’re serious about your do-not-play list, include that in your contract and attach the list.
– Amount of time you’ve booked them for.
– How many breaks are needed and when they plan to break for dinner (remember to think about what you’ll do for music during these break times).
– Fees and overtime rates. Write in a clause that ensures their flexibility should you need them to play longer (your dad missed the last dance song and now your mom wants just one more dance, for example).
– Deposit and balance due dates.
– Cancellation/refund policy.
Now that you know the rest, deal with the best. Need more information? Call 973-686-1003 today.
Gemini DJs is conveniently located in Wayne NJ and services the entire Garden State
See site for details
#NewJerseyDJ #DJChecklist #NJDJ